NEW YORK STATE INSPECTIONS
Midtown Center Auto Repair offers NYS Inspections by certified mechanics
All vehicles registered in New York must undergo an annual state safety inspection, as must vehicles that transfer ownership.
When it’s time for an inspection, you must seek service from a licensed state inspection site. Mitown Center is licensed to conduct New York state inspections.
Take some time to learn more about state safety inspections, then contact us. Our team will make sure you stay safe and legal on our state’s roads.
Our conveniently located auto repair shop in New York, NY is close to both Queens, NY and Manhattan, NY.
New York State Inspection Checklist
In New York, certain components need to be checked during a state safety inspection. These include:
- Lights (including Brake Lights, Turn Signals, Four Way Signals)
- Steering and Suspension System and other Major Systems
- Windshield and other Auto Glass
Most vehicles must also undergo an emissions inspection to pass a NY state inspection. Our emissions inspection consists of engine diagnostics and other troubleshooting. It covers diesel-powered vehicles and gasoline-powered vehicles.
You can learn more about NY state inspections on the New York Department of Motor Vehicles website.
Facts About NY State Inspections
- Registered drivers in New York must receive yearly state inspections, which includes safety and emissions inspections.
- Drivers who forgo state inspections are subject to fines.
- Vehicles without up-to-date inspection stickers are subject to parking tickets.
Make sure to get your yearly safety and emissions inspection and to display your valid inspection sticker on your vehicle. Remember that year-round preventive maintenance can help prolong the life of your vehicle while preventing the discovery of necessary repairs during your state inspection.